Handwriting Without Tears® curriculum draws from years of innovation and research to provide developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory tools and strategies for teaching children handwriting. The fun fact about this program is- it’s child friendly, fun and makes handwriting easy.
We work on the following concerns of handwriting:
- Legibility and speed of writing
- Behaviors while writing
- Formation, sizing and alignment of letters
- Spatial organization of the written content
- Difficulties with copy writing from the board
- Grip of pencil/pen
- Pressure on the writing instrument
- Consistent performance with writing
Through a handwriting assessment, we evaluate the concerns coming in the way of your child’s performance and work on them using play based and multi sensory approaches.
We suggest strategies for home, school and other classes involving writing, to help the child generalize the skills they learn through therapy.
Your child may be facing difficulties with their writing skills, if they:
- Easily get tired while writing
- Avoid writing or have behaviors when asked to do the homework
- Come home with incomplete work
- Often complain of hand pain while writing
- Have shabby or illegible handwriting
- Have frequent remarks from school about their handwriting